Hello again internet,
KubeCon 2017 was last week in beautiful Austin, TX. There, we heard a number of exciting announcements. Here are our favorites:
- MetaParticle – A standard library for defining Kubernetes deployments in your code
- Vault Kubernetes Backend – A Vault implementation for Kubernetes Secrets
- Mutual TLS with Istio – Automatically encrypt traffic between your services
- Open Policy Agent – OPA is a policy engine for Cloud environments
The talks for KubeCon are now available on Cloud Native Compute Foundation’s YouTube channel. Enjoy.
RIP Net Neutrality
To the disappointment of many, the FCC reversed their 2015 decision regarding Net Neutrality. “The federal government will no longer regulate high-speed internet delivery as if it were a utility, like phone service” says this New York Times article describing the decision Thursday and it’s effects.
Efforts are underway to send a repeal of this decision to a vote via the Congressional Review Act, headed by New York senator Charles Schumer (D). For more information be sure to see this Reuters article.
If you were looking to recap or relive some of the sessions from this year’s AWS ReInvent, you’re in luck. Content from the event is available on YouTube, so don’t miss out.
Speaking of Golang, here are a few of our favorite articles from the past few weeks.
- Gopher Academy’s writing a Kubernetes ready service in Go
- JetBrains’ IDE Goland’s take on Golang development
- Writing a slackbot in Go
- GRPC beyond the basics
- Kubernetes 1.9 is released
- Kubeless a serverless platform for Kubernetes by Bitnami
- How Kubernetes Deployments work
- OpenFAAS is another serverless platform for Kubernetes
The ModularSystems team